07 January, 2009

Schools can wait...

I'm still on leave..yup..quite a long leave. I purposely took long break since 22 December 08' just to ensure our little girls, Ruth who is in primary one this year and Cynthia in Kindergarten year two enrollment doing just fine. Both of them were so excited as they can't wait to go back to school again but their excitement were hampered last saturday when we spotted tiny red dots appeared on some parts of their body (tummy, back and hands). At first glance, thought the bed bugs or maybe allergy to something might have caused the spots but the next morning (sunday) there were few more red spots appeared on Ruth's face, ok..calming myself I told hubby we should go to the nearest clinic. Doctor confirmed to us, they've got chicken pox (both of them). No medication to stop the spots from coming out, some calamine lotions to sooth the itchiness and fortunately they only suffered mild spots. Thanks to Chicken pox vaccinations ( a must jap for children upon reaching 2 years and above) they were both vaccinated few years ago or otherwise it could be more serious problem. Hubby looked at me blankly, I said, why..he murmured slowly and a little concern, he never get this kind of spots, chicken pox since small..yay..oh man!! I hope you won't get it dear (cross fingers) I had them when I was 7 or 8 mum told me..hehehe..I'm safe then ;-)
The girls are now eagerly waiting for next week monday to continue their classes, Doc gave them a week sick leave..hopefully they will be ok by then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kak.... hihi guess what ??!!!.. like abang i never had chicken pox b4..... buhuuuuu...... hope the girls are geting better ..... XOXO...

Carolyn said...

hi bie
Happy New Year, how are u? mizz u alot too :-D
Oh oh..hope you're not getting them so soooon...can't wait to see u again bie. XOXOXO

Nika said...

Semoga cepat sembuh aa adik2... mummy ngam2 cuti juga buli manja2 dirumah. Try kasi minum air kelapa kasi cepat tu pox ilang.

Anies Azeera said...

Oooo so kasian your girls, hope they will be okay soon. Good juga that you are on leave, buli juga jaga dorang kan.

...tapi kan Carol.., I had chicken pox twice! Once when I was little and the 2nd. time when I was 22. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...
I can see the outcome of that leave on your blog...
nice make over...
keeep it up...:)

Carolyn said...

Hi Anies
2x? ya kah? adui i hope i dont get it again at this age..i heard mmg teruk if adult kena. I'm back to work today, coz Isaac again kena last week. Tq for dropping by nies..

Hi Afaque
Yes, looong leave :-) Will change the backdrop again when i have the time. Tq for coming by my friend

Anonymous said...

Hi carol ..lucky u are still on leave can take care of them ..hope they are ok right now kio ..before going back to kk last year ..all my niece and nephew kena chicken pox ..and one week b4 we were there everyone in the family are free from the chicken pox hehehe ..so takut jua if my gals will kena kan ..nanti cannot enjoy the holidays ..