02 September, 2008

Grandpa..

Wednesday last week, 27th August 2008, while having my breakfast with other colleagues, mum called up around 9.20am. I sensed distress in her voice tone, I knew she brought bad news that morning. My grandfather was rushed early morning to Keningau District Hospital and in critical condition. Anxiously waiting for the next news about his condition, mum called me up the 2nd time, asking me to send her to the bus station to catch the next coach to Keningau. We managed to get her the 1pm coach and as I was about to leave the bus station, I could only say some prayers hoping my mum could still see her dad..mum's face was really sad for she knows what it means when the doctor asked her brothers to sign a letter before proceeding the next step to save grandpa.
I called up hubby and we had lunch together that afternoon and at 1.47pm mum texted me, 'Aunty Dorothy call tadi, bapa sudah passed away, sya baru d Kimanis. Pray 4 his soul I will call when I arrive there'.
I was chock to tears. We took the 10am coach the next day and arrived in Keningau about 2 hours later. Grandpa was finally laid to rest on Friday 29th August, he was 84. May His Soul Rest in Peace...
I went numb when I heard the news
I can't believe that now you are gone
I'll always remember everytime you make us laugh
when Christmas time and you our Santa.
My Dear Grandpa..
You are loved so dearly by everyone in the family
You taught us all to grow wise, be gentle and kind to everyone
We try not to shed tears anymore for we know you wouldn't want us to..
Your memories will always remain in our hearts
Sleep gently dear grandpa, we will miss you forever..
You grandaughter, Lyn

7 comments:

Anies Azeera said...

My condolence to you and family on the passing of your Grandpa. May his soul rest in peace.

Carolyn said...

thanks anies

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your grandpa.. may his soul rest in peace.

Dora A-Erb said...

Dearest Carolyn... I am so sorry to learn about the passing of your grandpa. He's in a better place now... May His soul Rest In Peace...

Carolyn said...

tq shirl and to u also Dora

Anonymous said...

Condolence to u and family on the passing of ur grandpa ..may his soul rest in peace.

Carolyn said...

thanks cay, appreciate all comments given on this posting