13 August, 2009

Bedtime story

Recently I bought few more story books for Ruth and Cynthia, they were excited and started reading each one of them. I set up a small library at home, making sure they have a place to sit and read their books comfortably and sometimes Isaac would join them too. Normally before bedtime, either daddy or myself will read them a short story. But last Wednesday night, I was not feeling well and awfully tired and my turn to read the bedtime story. I opened the book and begin searching the shortest story I could find but Cynthia insisted me reading "Little Red Riding Hood" for them. Hmm..okay, but I told her it's going to be a short version and she quickly said "yes" :-)
So..Once upon a time...bla..bla..bla..then turning few more pages (by now I could hardly open my eyes)..but still I continued reading ...bla..bla..bla..when suddenly Ruth said, "mummy why the wolf wants to eat the chicken"? and I was like 'huh'? where is this chicken come from..I said to myself..no chicken involved in this story lah..mak datuk! this mummy was half asleep while reading the book. Okay..okay..let me sit up straight and finish the book ...so we continue till the end of the storylah..and ZZzzzz



11 comments:

Mama Mia said...

LOL.Mengantuk punya pasal, u created a new character in the story Colyn? hehe...

My daughter pulak, always wants me to sing her the Happy Bday song over and over again...

Mama Mia said...

oh ya, i like the cartoon..it made my day! ;)

Dora A-Erb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dora A-Erb said...

That's a good way to educate your kids Carol. It might be just a bedtime stories but you'll be surprised at how they learn things out of it. David used to read Brian bedtime stories... I miss those days :)

Carolyn said...

Mama Mia..ya bah..too sleepy didn't even realize what i was saying hehe..

Mummy Moon said...

Hi, first time here... My little girl also into bedtime story lately, give me 5!

lathia said...

Haha..Carol, nasib dia tia bilang "mummy, napa tu wolf snoring"....nice one carol!

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh Mummy was too tired...kesian. Your girl is so quick to tell you what's wrong with the story..smart.

Carolyn said...

Dora..yes you're correct
story telling is one way to educate kids kan

Hello Mummy Moon, welcome to my place ;-) aww thats so sweet..she feels happy by giving you a high 5!

shella..hahaha...if that happens it would be a piece of joke for the rest of my life!

Mummy Gwen...at least it woke me up for few more minutes to finished the story hehe..

Anonymous said...

LOL ..that was half asleep story carol but i also experienced that with my daughters and the best part was ..i was asleep while reading and they were like opening my eyelid bah when they know im sleeping hihihi ...

Carolyn said...

hahaha..cay kesian juga you kena buka eyelid lagi :-D
ya..half asleep bedtime story ;-)