26 January, 2010

Sugar Baby

My daughter Cynthia is really fond of sweet things. If I'm around, I will make sure she doesn't eat too much sweets, ice-cream or junk food. I told her many times that sweet things can give tooth ache if it's not clean properly by brushing. But yesterday, my MIL complained to us that our 2nd daughter was caught eating sugar in the kitchen..yes sugar which you mix with coffee, Milo or your cup of tea! I was quite upset by her act and I have to find solution fast to make her NOT eating sweet things too much. So far, she has no problem with her teeth except her sister Ruth who will turn eight this year. She is beginning to 'depart' with her most front baby tooth and dislike sweet things compared to Cynthia.


Back to Cynthia, I asked her why she ate the sugar..she slowly open her mouth and said..because I could not find any sweets inside the fridge!
(slap my forehead) I further explained that she could not eat the sugar as it's only use to mix with hot drinks and it's not suitable to eat just like that! (sigh) I really hope my girl won't be scooping sugar from container again..what a sight ya! My girls spend their afternoon after school at my PIL, perhaps I should ask MIL to keep the sugar container on top shelves.. (sigh again)


7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

:) Colyn, you should ask your MIL to hide the sugar container..hehe..

Carolyn said...

Mama Mia..I think I should la kan..nanti silap2 top shelves pun sampai hehe

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah...she went to that extend to get sweet stuff. Yes, you better hide the sugar container.

Gwen likes sweet stuff too. -_-

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Hahaha..macam my 2nd boy lah tu. dia tidak makan gula yang di rumah tapi kalau di restoran tu lah ha...kalau di sini setiap meja makan dorang ada kena kasih sediah tu gula di package heheh. nah itu lah tu yang dia hantam. kadang waktu saya cuci seluar diakan astaga kali 2 atau 3 pack tu di pocket dia hehehe. susah susah.. tapi heran juga baru baru ni pigi dentist. ok pula gigi dia. heran heran.

carolchs said...

uishhh ni barulah sweeth tooth tahap dewa. hehehe...but then again, i remembered when i was small myself, instead of sugar...i ate the milo like makan ice-cream ni...and of course, the most common one...makan susu nespray/dumex, then sosop dlm drinks. hehehe....

Carolyn said...

Mummy Gwen: ya worries me alot but now she understand after we explained to her :-)

SJB: Jarang bah budak2 makan gula kopi ni hehe..i call it gula kopi bah
My daughter stopped eating sudah after we explained sama dia the sugar can cause stomach ache kalau dimakan gitu ja hehe..so far it works

Chegu Carol: Memang tahap dewa suda hahaha..I remember dulu2 itu Milo n Horlicks pun kami makan..guess kids really love sweet things kan

shirley aka beautiza said...

wah..haha.. smpai sugar pun dia mau moi... patutlah no more sure d Giant..hehe..
biasa bah tu budak2.. i oso want to control my children sweet intake.. too much sometimes...make them hyper..