21 August, 2008

Servay burnt to ground






Yesterday evening about 7.20pm I was standing at the balcony and saw from a distance big white and then black smokes rising up to the air, fiery flames can be seen from our 2nd floor apartment. I called up my hubby and my kids came along too curious to what I was looking at to. Some of my neighbours came out too and stood at their balcony wondering what could it be. This morning, while sending my Isaac to his nanny, she told us the Servay Hypermarket was on fire and completely destroyed. Oh my! I had goosebumps, the place we normally shop for grocceries and I was there only 2 days ago (tuesday this week). On my way to work this morning, my husband drove to the area just to confirm of what the nanny told us. Sad to see, it was totally gutted but thankful no casualties as reported in today's newspaper. There goes our Supermarket :-(
Cynthia had been talking about this incident the whole day today, we sense that she must have missed that place so much. She loved to shop in that hypermall, going around every department inside the trolly pushed either me or her daddy. Its just too bad, and now its all gone. While snapping these pictures, the smell of strong burnt metals really gotten into my nerves. Fireman still around making sure the fire is totally out, they really look tired and weary and onlookers standing nearby maybe wondering what items could have been saved at the very last moment before fire engulfed the whole building.

8 comments:

Anies Azeera said...

They will be opening Servay Putatan branch end of this month, so kesian this pula happen.

Carolyn said...

yes its too bad kan anies, sad pulak i see the building hancur gitu sj. Ive heard also their new opening in Putatan.

Dora A-Erb said...

Oh... I am so sad to hear about this. I used and loved to shop here. My hubby David remembers this store too... Thanks for sharing Carolyn.

Carolyn said...

hi Dora
yes am sad also, the place we used to shop esp during festive season.

Anonymous said...

habis sudah kedai tmpt membeli belah..tpksa gi Chua Ka Seng sija from now on..

Anonymous said...

pya byk kereta sana Chua Kah Seng tadi... dorang untung byk tu start kamarin :D tapi harga certain barang di CKS D'gon lebih mahal dari CKS Millenium.. Ndak taulah klu di CKS Bundusan mcm mana harga sana

Carolyn said...

urang ranau, ya la tepaksa p CKS ni, hopefully servay hypermarket buat balik bangunan dia kan :-)

Carolyn said...

ornest, this sunday baru sya p beli barang rumah di CKS. Ya I agree with you about the price, harga cawangan2 CKS ni nda sama, dunno why they do mcm tu..i shop the nearest CKS to me lah..d Dgon ja, or else kita shop di GIANT! ;-)murah jg tu....