13 March, 2008

Home cooking or else 'tapau'

Every evening after fetching my daughter Cynthia from her school, I will surely go 'tapau' dinner for the two of us. Kesian kan, but I have no time, the time we reach home is nearly at 6pm and I have to boil water for Cynthia's bath, take dry clothes from the lines, etc..etc..then rush to fetch our little Isaac from his nanny apartment.

How I wish, upon reaching home, dinner ready to serve, house is clean with all the kampung dishes that I love to eat :-) . My hubby kept reminding me to reduce meat consumption for health reason, well yeah...I don't really take meat that lot as I still prefer fish but maybe at times he(hubby) might have seen me taking meat from breakfast to dinner..hehehe..(not always la)

So, I read in the paper few days ago about food in Sabah. It says, maybe nowhere in Asia you can find so much food variety, at quality than in Sabah's capital, Kota Kinabalu. How fortunate Sabahan is, fresh seafood, fresh vegetable and fruits all year round. All in affordable prices, so I hope the 'tapau' food that i ate most of the time, is fresh and good enough for us to supply daily nutrients to our body la...not everyday 'tapau' ya, coz last nite I manage to cook one dish, Cynthia's favourite that is, Mackerel (sardines) with onions and tomato ketchup, it was yummy for the two of us :-)

No comments: