13 May, 2008

The inner fear in me...

I had my pap-smear done this morning. Before I came over to the clinic, I felt anxious about my blood test report done about a week ago, which I was sure Dr. Anita will explain the results to me. I couldn't help being anxious and a lil' fear, of course I tried to stand and think positive about it. It really saddens me at the moment as both beloved grandmothers diagnosed with malignant tumors, throat (mum's side) & bladder (dad's side). Both of them in their 80's.
Few years back I lost my two aunts died of cancer, aunt Juliana of throat cancer and aunt Angeline of breast cancer. It really scares me alot and at times a HUGE fear just thinking about it. If it's not me but who's next? I thought of going for another blood test for Genetic Testing for Cancer as I think we're on high-risk on this.
Coming back to my visit this morning, Dr. Anita explained to me that most organs functioning well except the mild Thallasemia which I can't do much but just to ensure I eat balance food with sufficient iron in it (detected when I was pregnant with Ruth).
Here's a site which I think some of you might want to read about the disease (cancer).
Eat healthy and stay healthy buddies!

2 comments:

RozzLeaRozie said...

It reminds me that I haven't do my pap-smear test after delivered Haryboy...alamak! he's coming 2 yrs...better go soon...

Carolyn said...

ya better la jg..for our own good