16 June, 2008

My thoughts, love and prayers for you daddy..

You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why
A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried
If Love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died
In Life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home
******
On the 25th August 2000, almost 8 years ago, before the clock stroke midnight. That was 'The Day'. I can still recall the saddest day in my life when my dad died in ICU, Queen Elizabeth Hospital. He died of heart and kidney failure. Before he went into deep coma, I was the last person he talked to as it was my turn to look after him that day. We even talked awhile, seeing him in pain I let out some jokes and he smiled though he was in pain at that time. He asked me to keep his rosary, a silver made from Roma, and I did till today. He said he was thirsty and wanted to drink some water and I hold the cup firmly to let him sip the water and he looked at me and said "you must look after the family" This, till today I never reveal to my mum. It hurts so much just thinking one of the last conversations I had with daddy.
Hours pass-by, I didn't prepare myself for the worst that time, and when it suddenly happen, I got panicked and almost fainted. I was crying, crying calling my daddy, my throat hurts and of a sudden I was pushed aside to a chair, doctors and nurses took charge. He was then transferred to the Intensive Care Unit(ICU) and 4 days later, he left us. I couldn't stand, my limbs went numb, my thoughts were empty and tears flowing...
Being the only daughter, he showered me with his love and care. I love my daddy so much. I really missed having him around us. He was my adviser, he was my inspiration and he was the place I could talk to and let out my problems and misery I had and he would listen. Now he has gone forever, I look up the sky and say my prayer quietly for him and wish him Happy Father's Day..

6 comments:

RozzLeaRozie said...

I still remember the saddest day and the last words Daddy said to me... I believe Daddy is with GOD forever now...

Swartzie said...

I a so sorry for your loss. Thank you again for reading my blog. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the lost carol ..when reading ur post ..I know how u feel at tht time ..May his soul rest in peace.

salehimama said...

I am so sorry for your loss!
I know the agony that you felt. I watched my daddy die when a drunk driver ran into us. He was my best friend.My 4 year old sister died as well. I was the last one to hold her,sitting in that car.
May you have the peace that only God can give.
Tammy

Carolyn said...

thanks for all your comments, salehimama, Im sorry for your lost too. It must be hard for you then having lost your dad n sister.

Agnes CF Lee said...

My tears flowing down my cheek onto my lap while reading this post. I understand losing of someone you love is hard to bear..