22 July, 2008

ABBAration for charity

ABBA
'I have a dream, Dancing Queen, Mamma Mia, Waterloo...sounds familiar to you? Right, ABBA the ever most popular pop group in the 70s', from the awesome four Anni-Frid Lynqstad, Aqnetha Faltskoq, Benny Andersson and Bjorn Uvaeus. Music is part of my life since small and still am now haha..I mean seriously I just loved ABBA songs, thank goodness every now and then you still get the chance to hear their songs in Lite FM. I still have their cassettes I bought in my teenage years.
On friday last week, 18th July, our lady boss sponsored a table worth RM5000 for us to the Palliative Association fund raising dinner in Magellan Sutera Ballroom. 119 tables occupied that night with the highest rate of RM15,000 and the lowest RM2000 per table. It may sound unbelievable how people spend so much for this dinner because money is really a matter to everybody nowadays. But if you think it over, doing charity for a good cause is worth spending and God knows you're doing it sincerely and wanting the best out of it especially for the terminally sick and needy.


we arrived a little too early, 6.30pm..excited ;-)

I shed tears watching the 10 mins video clips of cancer stricken children, taking care of them and giving their fullest support to their families. And the hardest part for me was watching them fulfilling their last wishes. It took me several days to get over it.
Few paintings were auctioned that night and they managed to raise RM73,000.00 from 8 paintings. The highest painting auctioned was RM50,000.00, the bid started at RM10,000. Phew...'Money, money, money must be funny, in a rich men's world' ..

The RM50,000 worth of painting

As they served the last 2 dishes in the menu, the long awaited finally on stage..yup 'ABBAration' a group from 'Down Under' Australia hit out with their first song from the original ABBA, 'Dancing Queen'. Wow what can I say, not the original but the ballroom sure 'gegar' that night for 2 hours non-stop. The last 2 songs 'Thank you for the music' and 'I have a dream' were dedicated to patients at the palliative center. It was just great, good music for a good cause..I hope to attend next year's fund raising dinner..well if we're being sponsored again. But so far this was the 3rd time we're being sponsored.

ABBAration from the backdrop..I will post more pix of them soon

The paintings they are all beautiful, wish I could have one

Backdrop near the main entrance ;-)

5 comments:

Anies Azeera said...

So good o you Carol, siap kena sponsor lagi. I'm sure you had fun.

BTW.. I like your baju.

Carolyn said...

hi anies, hehe kami one table from ofis, klu ada rezeki kami dapat jg attend such functions kunun :-)

Anonymous said...

mmmm sadly i cant make it...but glad you all had fun...

Carolyn said...

shirl,
ya bah i feel sad also u all cant make it. Peminat ABBA, not ori pun jadi lah..hope we can go together-gether next time k :-)

Anonymous said...

Wah carol ..im one of ABBA's fan too ...i like all the songs lah ..but very siuk lah u all siap kena sponsored lagi tuu ...buli sponsor kami di ppnskl kah next time kalu ada function like this hehehe