31 July, 2008

Tired


I'm so tired these few days when comes to afternoon in the office I feel like sleeping like this little girl. I drank 2 cups of coffee /day for the 3 days in a row, I normally take one cup per day but I can't help it or otherwise I will doze off. It's hard to have peaceful sleep at night and even in my sleep I could still hear the motorcycles and cars passing near our place. I've been on 'alert' since tuesday night, what happened was somebody came knocking our main door at about 10.30pm that night. I almost wanted to answer the knock but who wants to come over at that hour. If they knew my number, they surely call me before coming over. So I just let the person had his or her last knock on my door. If hubby is not around for days, I'll have to be the 'man' in the family. Safety is my 1st priority for them. I better pack my things, switch off this puter, go back and rest with my kids...

9 comments:

Summer by the sea said...

Hi Carolyn - Thanks for popping by my blog - likewise, your children are gorgeous. Sorry you are feeling so tired, I am a very light sleeper, I can only sleep if I am wearing earplugs, but I don't think I would want to wear them if I was the only adult in the house - I look forward to reading more of your posts - Natalie x

julie said...

Hi carolyn it was nice of you to drop by my blog, and I will do so daily now that I have found you. I think you did the right thing not answering the door, maybe you should look into some extra security to put your mind at rest. Maybe a recording of a large dog barking or an automatic light that comes on if someone approaches. I live in a very rural area and it can be scary if you are home alone. So get some rest and hopefully that will be the last time someone knocks that late, it could of course been somebody genuine that may hae broken down or was lost, I'd like to think so.

take care

jules xx

Carolyn said...

hi natalie, thanks for dropping by here too :-) yes ive been sleepless for few days already but at Im glad my hubby will be coming today and am so looking forward for a good night sleep :-)

Carolyn said...

hi there jules, yes probably someone asking for direction or help butwas too scared as i was alone with my 2 kids at home. Thank you for giving me few safety options here i will take note :-)
thank u for coming ya, i'll c u soon

Dina said...

Too bad doors there do not have peephole. Bah rest up kio!

Carolyn said...

hi dina
yeah i think good idea to have this fix for my door. Tq :-)

Anonymous said...

mm sure is scary kan.. and must be tiring for being 'alert' whole night.. u can take a rest oledy!

InobonG ProPer said...

smart move there Carol..luckily u didn't open ur door..true enough..if the person really had urgent matters..he or she should call u first

i also bear that in mind in the future

Carolyn said...

Hi shirl
yes scary but as long as we do not open the door it should be alright

hello phil@ inobong proper
yes just be careful especially when alone in the house :-)