03 July, 2008

Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem from the Latin phrase 'Seize the day' used by Horace.
It was in 1988, while waiting for my Form 5 (S.P.M) result I had the opportunity working with this small company in nearby city centre. Being so fresh, I mean totally no working experience the company gave me about RM280.00 per month as an assistant clerk. That was my salary then! I was more than delighted getting only that much.
One morning while having our breakfast in a nearby coffee shop, I overheard my senior colleagues talking about a Big Sale going on in a shopping mall and they were planning to shop that afternoon. I got excited too thinking about the 50 - 70 % discount, who could resist..so we all left that afternoon. But the boss reminded us to be back by 2.30pm!
So many things to see and attractive discounts, and having some RM150 in my purse I've already decided to shop as much as I can. Time flies, and the only things I've gotten in my hand was a pair of shoe and a blouse. It was just a one day sale and I haven't done my shopping list. Guess what, I went ahead with the shopping till almost 4.30pm and took the bus and went home. The next day, I was sacked!
It was such a stupid idea but maybe being so young and naive, shopping on discounted things was the best and I just seize the day.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Carolyn,
Thanks for dropping by my blog, ah..you sure knew how to seize the day! Carpe diem!

Sure, kalau sempat jalan2 here Sabahans are all over the U.S. here:) I will bring you up the Arch here in St.LOuis, kio...

Carolyn said...

hi dina
glad u seize the day here too haha..
wah bestnya, hopefully, Gods will, someday I will make a visit to your place