30 April, 2008

Good home cooked meal!

What's your fav home cooked meal?
I love to cook if I'm in a mood to cook haha...well ya, I can cook a few dishes which my mum ever taught me ie: Curries, chicken with rice wine (love this so much..), stir-fry beef with ginger and alot more lah..
But we as a society have forgotten what real food looks and tastes like. However, I believe this to be a symptom of a deeper problem: Namely, we have forgotten that a real meal involves fellowship with other people. This is not surprising in our culture of fast food and TV dinners, where convenience has replaced community as the apotheosis of the culinary. Real food means real meals, and real meals mean real fellowship, especially when it comes to family life. Nothing brings together friends and family like a delicious home-cooked meal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah carol i really miss my mom's cook lah ..and u mention ricewine with chicken ..yummy2 but normally i will just drink the soup(ayam tia mau)but here in kl i seldom masak ooh cus no time but every saturday & sunday sure masaklah ..& as u mention home cooked meal mmg dbest oohh

Anonymous said...

ya bah kan Lyn, mummy punya kari ayam is the best oh...