15 April, 2008

Worried..


My lil' Isaac is about 1 year 7 months old now. But I'm a little worried cause he isn't talking as much as I want him to. Ruth and Cynthia developed their talking skills much earlier even before they reached a year old. Sometimes it makes me wonder if girls develop their talking skills earlier than the boys..are they?

At home we communicate with him in english or malay and abit of kadazan(as mine also tunggang tebalik) and mandarin at his nannys. Maybe he's confuse with so many languages..
Mum's out there, wanna share your thoughts about this..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi carol! i think boys take a longer time to talk lah. My daughter had more vocabs at 2 plus than Ted (Ted is 2 yrs 2 months old). But should be ok bah tu. (o:

Carolyn said...

hi osindak
tq for the assurance, perhaps maybe they(boy) develop abit slow la tu kan..

Anonymous said...

Hi moi, i dont think girl talk faster and boy slow... just take it easy. just keep on talking to them..

Carolyn said...

Hi shirl, yes will keep on talking to him and now we even sing a song to him and he response by bla..la..la.. hehe

Anonymous said...

No need to worry carol ..isaac will catch up everything very fast when he start to talk later on ..

Carolyn said...

Hi cay
thanks for the assurance, hope so la by the time he starts picking up words :-)

Joan D'Arcy said...

I kinda agree with osindak. Based on experience, my niece starts talking at 1+, but my lil C started only after 2.